Environmental Public Health Division
The Occupational Health Program is devoted
to improving worker health and safety through:
- Identifying and evaluating workplace hazards
- Providing technical assistance to others to prevent
work-related injuries and illnesses
- Can I file a complaint against my employer and remain
Yes; however a point of contact would be helpful in case our
office needs more detailed information.
- Will the employer be fined?
Generally no. Once the complaint is investigated and
confirmed a document is issued to the employer detailing the
work conditions and listing recommended control measure to
correct the condition.
- Do you notify the employer before arriving?
Yes. Prior contact is necessary to ensure appropriate
personnel are on site to allow access to all areas of the
worksite and answer any technical questions that may arise
during the investigation
- Can I get a copy of the report?
All documents are filed at our office
- Do you check back to make sure the conditions have been
Conditions imminently dangerous to individual health
and safety generally require a follow-up investigation.
Health Site Map |
Site Map |
Jobs | Home
| Harris County |
Last updated: February 04, 2013
Harris County Public Health & Environmental Services
2223 West Loop South
Houston, TX 77027
Tel: (713) 439-6000